October 17, 2009

Baby shower


                                                   
The last couple of days I have been preparing for  a baby shower.
I found out that Stephanie is having a girl, so being the frugal quilter that I am I went through my fabric stash.  I was so excited to find some hot pink minkie fabric, and a bright flowery print, just big enough to make a small quilt. I even had enough batting.. Gosh.. I didn't have to buy a thing!  I whipped it together and quilted around the flowers somewhat, not perfect, but after I washed it, I just loved how it got all bunchy and soft.
So of course I had to make a card, and Stephanie loves butterflies, so I got out my "Big Shot" from Sissix, (Stampin' Up!), and used the "bigz dies" #114507, Beautiful Butterflies, whisper white card stock, regal rose ink, and Fundamental Phrases #114968 " new baby'', older DSP paper, and the baby carraige from "Fun &  Fast Notes" #113509, the eyelet punch, oval punch, rhinestone brad, and pink  ribbon that is on sale right now with Stampin' Up!
The shower was fun, and she liked all that she received. A baby is such a gift, God bless them with their new life ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you may leave an appropriate comment that can be viewed by all.. thanks.