May 25, 2015

Wedding in Sonoma

This weekend we were invited to a very good friends' daughters wedding.. more like family!

The setting was in Sonoma, California

The weather was perfect

We stayed in Petaluma at the Sheraton, had a great stay, comfy beds, great service.

On Sunday, the day of the wedding my niece and fiance'(not the bride and groom for today) met us at our hotel and picked us up to take us into old Petaluma..  an adorable town filled with places to eat, beautiful old buildings, consignment shops, antique malls, and so much more wish I had more time to explore. There is a river that runs thru the town making it a great place to take a walk. My favorite store was the "seed" store, that occupied an old bank building.. loved it, high ceilings and old floor, long narrow windows.. The store specialized in heirloom seeds, books, ect,... I am sure I missed half of it, but grabbed the mail order catalog.  I explained to my niece that this will be my best purchase for the day,  5 packets of seeds, because I enjoy planting seeds, and watching them grow, and hopefully will produce some vegetables, or flowers that my husband and I can enjoy. You have to check out Petaluma California, a bustling town with much to offer.

Got ready for the wedding
Finally decided on the solid brown dress and animal print jacket. 
I had brought two dress options not knowing what the weather would bring. 

This is what we saw when we arrived.
A beautiful winery, Viansa Winery on a hill top.

The wetlands were below


Ceremony area ready for its' guest


Flowers lead the way


Cake and bouquets

Hall ready for guests and bride and groom

Beautiful scenery

Wishing the happy couple  a lifetime of happiness, good luck,
prosperity, blessed with good health and more!

The food was wonderful, wine, and the cake. They served pizza around 9:30 from their brick ovens, delicous!

Cheers!!
A great weekend spent with my hubby.
When arriving home, we found our two dogs very happy to see us.
I BBQ lamb patties, made rice and carrots, and enjoying a relaxing evening before heading to work tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great Memorial weekend as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you may leave an appropriate comment that can be viewed by all.. thanks.