August 10, 2015

Mousakka..



Tonight for dinner I made Mousakka.. (I don't know if this is spelled right?!)
It can be made with beef or lamb, I had some left over stuffing from some Italian sweet peppers I had stuffed so I used that up . I used the long chinese eggplant, I like them.. cut up with some red onion, olive oil and cooked till soft .
Layered it in the bottom of dish, added the meat and more eggplant mixture. 
I also had made like a white bechamel sauce using very little of it, and then sprinkled top with parmean cheese.  Baked at 375 for 20 minutes.. 
It was delicous!
Thank you Alysia, Joleen and Manuel for turning me on to this yummy dish!
At the Hyde Street diner in Selma....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you may leave an appropriate comment that can be viewed by all.. thanks.