July 12, 2015

Sunday morning breakfast..

Today I chose to make Popovers

I love this crunchy soft centered treat

You need a Popover pan or some glass custard cups to make them
I finally bought a popover pan from  http://www.wayfair.com ; at a really good price.
I think I need a second one in case you have many to make for a large crowd.
So simple, just 1 cup of flour,1/2 teasp salt, 1 cup milk and 2 eggs, all beaten smooth.
Fill cups 3/4 full, hot oven 425 degrees preheated,  bake 35 minutes.

They puff up in pan as the batter heats up. Turn your oven light on and watch!
They are simple and delicous, crispy outside and soft wet inside, like a cream puff.

They can be filled with butter & jam like I have done here.


This is what they look like comin' out of oven



Cooked up some homemade Italian sausage



Filled one with the sausage and butter, oohh my delicous!


Be creative, and fill as desired... eggs & bacon, even whipped cream or custard with fresh fruit, the sky is the limit on these. Make a batch and comment back to me with what you put in yours.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you may leave an appropriate comment that can be viewed by all.. thanks.