October 11, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I am a breast cancer survivor of 20 years.. I can't stress enough how important it is to make others aware of this. So for the month of October,wear pink once a week, and tell others why you are wearing pink. Remind them of their monthly self-breast exams, and of their yearly mamograms. Yes I was one of those that was diagnosed at a young age, 33.  My boys were babies. But I was determined to be HERE for them to watch them grow, and yes someday play with my grandchildren.  I am blessed and so fortunate to have these years,  no I am NOT a grandmother YET, but am looking forward to those days in the future.  So talk to your friends and co-workers, have a gathering at your home to raise money for a cancer cause of your choice. You may save a life, what a precious gift to give someone !  I have been making butterflies out of my Stampin' Up! Big Shot by Sissix. I have turned the butterflies into pins with a breast cancer ribbon stamped using the "Ribbon of Hope" #115552. You can order the stamp, "The Big Shot" machine #113439, the "Beautiful Butterflies Die #114507, ink Melon Mambo #115656, paper "Pretty in Pink" #100459 or any designer series paper of your choice, rhinestone brads "circle brads" #109110.
I will post a picture of one that I made. You can order online through my website directly for all items. Gather a group of friends and make some pins to hand out to others, or sell them to raise money for your cause. Any questions, email me, thank you..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you may leave an appropriate comment that can be viewed by all.. thanks.